Saturday, June 27, 2009

The Flesh Tearers

A bit of history:

So I have been playing 40k since about August of last year (2008), however I played all forms of Games Workshop stuff when I was 12 to 15-16ish, which is over a decade ago (I'm getting old). I had a fairly extensive amount of models stored away in my parents garage somewhere. Over christmas I unearthed most of them, and brought a bunch back to the east coast with me. I now have a crapton of CSM, Necrons, more Nids, and C:SM stuff. I decided to use all the leftover Space Marines for a Flesh Tearers force, as Blood Angels were one of my old loves, but wanted to mix it up a bit. I like the Flesh Tearers look a bit more than the Blood Angels, it has a bit more compositional balance with the black added to the red, and I feel like there are a billion Blood Angels players around, and having a different army is nice.

Here are my Flesh Tearers right now:

Squad 1




Squad 2


Squad 3 - I don't know why this picture came out way worse.


Attack Bike




Death Company + Chaplain


Chaplain Detail




Commander Kharnte




Current Army Shot (06.27.09) - (Can't figure out why the image doesn't resize, so part is cut off, click image to see full size pic)


One thing definitely neglected are the vehicles. This is a mech force and I do have a lot of vehicles that need to be painted that are not shown. Soon hopefully I'll have some ready to show. I do know that Flesh Tearers aren't traditionally supposed to have vehicles but I wanted a mech army, so whatever to that fluff. I don't even logically understand how an army can exist without any kind of troop transport or tanks, do they just footslog it between battles? Whatever, I don't care to argue about that, bottom line is my Flesh Tearers have vehicles. I think I'll be making some separate posts about various units in the coming days so stay tuned.

Any C&C are welcome.

5 comments:

  1. Love the progress you've got so far - I assume some of your vehicles will be Landspeeders to keep the feel for speed. Love the commander and Chaplain. Great looking force so far

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! Actually there are zero landspeeders in my current army, it's a bit more traditional mech, with a lot of razorbacks and baal preds.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great Looking FT's. Mind telling how you did they red, and also the blood on the chappys crozius. Thanks

    JC

    ReplyDelete
  4. The Flesh Tearers have vehicles, they are just not as prevalent as in other chapters. Their vehicles are in good running order but usually look more run down and repairs are usually cobbled together looking.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very cool- you've given me some great ideas. I'm just starting my own FT army. Nicely done!

    ReplyDelete