Monday, June 8, 2009

HIVE FLEE CMYKRGB

Well, it's been awhile since I set this blog up and I would like to start giving it a bit more attention.  Life's been busy and most 40k stuff has been on hold.  I'm currently in the process of making a Flesh Tearers force and it's coming along nicely, hopefully I can get some progress pics up soon.

In the mean time, I'd like to post pictures of my 1850 pt. Nidzilla force - HIVE FLEET CMYKRGB, which I've been gaming with for the past few months. Please excuse the poor pics.











This is probably a pretty unorthodox paint scheme, especially put to a tyranid army. Fluff is not something I care about in the same way GW would like me to. The initial scheme was to make a tabletop army that looked like updated abstract game pieces from those generic milton bradely games, ie sorry, candyland, hungry hippo whatever, etc. I think it has a very playful graphic designy/candyland/power rangers kind of feel to it. I'm quite pleased with the results, mainly because the look of understated absurdity being taken so seriously.

My 15 year old self would have probably thought it insane to paint an army like this. but getting older has definitely changed what I think is awesome.

No comments:

Post a Comment